When (or if) you start a family is up to you. Let us help you along the way.
We can meet the family planning needs for women of all ages. Our clinic offers long acting reversible contraception and other forms of birth control.
Have peace of mind knowing you are in control of your reproductive health. Family Planning Services are offered at both our Waterloo and Clarksville locations.
Don’t Worry About Insurance
If you do not have insurance, that’s OK! We believe quality health care should be affordable to all. You will never be denied services because of your inability to pay. We offer a sliding fee scale to help make your care more affordable.
Birth control can help prevent pregnancy and some types can also help ease symptoms of periods or menopause.
Long Acting Reversible Birth Control
We offer the following types of long acting reversible birth control:
- Paragard® – A 100% hormone-free IUD (intrauterine device) that’s over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy. It works differently using one simple active ingredient —copper— instead of hormones. Once in place, it provides continuous pregnancy prevention up to 10 years.
- Mirena® - A hormone-releasing IUD that’s over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy for up to 5 years. Mirena also treats heavy
periods in women who choose intrauterine contraception.
- Liletta® – A hormone-releasing IUD that’s over 99% effective in preventing pregnancy for up to 5 years.
- Nexplanon® - A low-dose hormone implant, not an IUD. It is a small, thin, and flexible contraceptive arm implant that is placed discreetly under the skin of your inner, upper arm that’s over 99% effective. The implant lasts for up to 3 years to prevent pregnancy.
Benefits of long acting reversible birth control include:
- Each type is proven to be at least 99% effective in pregnancy prevention and have minimal side effects
- You rarely have to think about it
- It’s discreet – usually can't be seen or felt
- Whatever option you choose can be removed at any time by your health care provider, meaning you can try to get pregnant when you want
Other Birth Control Options
We offer the following types of other birth control:
- Condoms – Free condoms are available during any health care appointment. Don’t be afraid to ask – we want you to be safe!
- Depo-Provera Injection – A hormone shot given by a health care provider once every 3 months (12 to 14 weeks).
- Oral Contraceptives – Most commonly known as the birth control pill or "the pill,” is a type of hormone-releasing birth control that is designed to be taken by mouth every day.
- The Patch – Hormone-releasing birth control method you wear on the skin of your belly, upper arm, butt, or back. Put a new patch
on every week for 3 weeks, then you get a week off before you repeat the cycle.
- Vaginal Ring – A small, flexible ring that a woman inserts into her vagina once a month to prevent pregnancy. It stays there for a three week period and is taken out for the last week of the month.
Permanent Birth Control
Although we are not able to provide permanent birth control options, we can refer you to a health care facility that does!